Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Self Improvement

Make it a point to do something every day that you don't want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.                     Mark Twain




There is always room for self improvement.   I have got to be one of the biggest procrastinators there is.  So setting some new goals for myself in self improvement.  I believe that kindness, reading, and being involved in organizations are always self improving.  What about doing things out of the norm.  Things that might make you uncomfortable but yet will help you improve your self.   
 
Waking up early-  How would this be self improving?  I would think this would make me a little more grouchy.  On a positive note....I could get so much more done in a days time, a little bit of alone time, and I think this will help my mind set.

Exercise routine-  Ha Ha my exercise is chasing a two year old.  Again, more room for self improvement.  Being real, it wears me out chasing the two year old....guess that's why I should be in a better physical state.  Even if it's only 3 times a week and 30 minute workouts would definitely be self improvement.

To Do Lists-  Actually any kinds of list...including grocery lists.  I waste a lot of time being forgetful.  Yes, I'm one that goes to the grocery store three times in one day.  Only because I forget everything that I was supposed to get at the store.  And who likes to clean house?  Not this mom!  I usually allow myself to be easily distracted during cleaning time.    For instance if I set a goal to clean out the closet I usually find myself sitting for hours going through pictures I found in the closet.  So a to do list could be self improvement keeping me focused on task.

A new hobby-  I usually like routine and don't stray away to try new things.  So trying to knit or crochet would definitely be out of the norm.  I might even enjoy it!!!

Watching way to much TV-  Yep that's me!  I don't have much time throughout the day to sit and watch TV and rarely watch of an evening time.  However, there is DVR.  I stay up after everyone is in bed way to late watching all the shows I have on DVR.  It's obsessive!  I sure don't want to miss a episode of Dance Moms, Survivor, Days of Our Lives, The Voice, O'Reilly, and oh my the list goes on and on.  No wonder we like to sleep in around here.  It's so obsessive that I have to check the DVR before we leave the house to make sure my shows are set up to record.  Although I do read A LOT this is time away from reading at night and keeping me from being able to start an early day.  Much needed self improvement!

I believe this is a good start to self improvement!  Now if I can get myself on task I will be on a good path to improvement :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment